The Ten Count With Justin Overstreet
By Matt Classic
1. How did you get started in pro wrestling? My tag partner heard of me training in this ran down flea market and being ripped off, I was a young kid didn’t know I was getting cheated, he urged me to let him train me and I did.
2. How did you hear about and get involved with AIWF Wrestling? Through Facebook I heard about AIWF. And as I always do I study any and every promotion,fed, affiliation to know where I wanna be on the map.
3. What are some memorable moments in your pro wrestling career? She’s gonna think I’m sucking up lol but I never would’ve met Mackenzie York if I never started wrestling. That’s probably always gonna be the most memorable. Have Glacier take me under his wing would be a close 2nd. Being able to work such guys as Lodi,Rodney Mack and tagging with Dan the beast Severn as well.
4. What is your entrance music and what made you choose that? Whistlin Dixie by Randy Houser. Its no secret I’m a big hoss country boy, and it took me 4 years to accept that in wrestling. Whistlin Dixie explains who I am. Just a good ole country boy that respects where I came bro.
5. Who has been your toughest opponent? Definetly Deathrow. He’s more than a man but less than a god in my opinion. And turns out he’s one of the 2 monsters standing in my way of the AIWF World Championship may 18th. I’m bigger and tougher now and know what to expect.
6. If you could wrestle anyone you haven’t in a match who would you wrestle and why? All time Sting. Who wouldn’t wanna wrestle their idol/Hero? Indy I’ve been itching to get in the ring with Kyle Matthews,George South Jr, and Paul Jordane. All 3 guys are some major players on the indy scene and in order for me to get better I gotta wrestle better talent
7. How far is the farthest you have every traveled to Wrestle? 19 hr drive to Milwaukee Wisconsin. And to be honest I didn’t get in another car for 2 days after that haha!
8. What do you think about when you are alone in your car? Practice cutting promos, about my next match, different ideas of how to market myself, what’s the next step in my career.
9. Any pre or post match rituals you partake in? Pre match I pray to GOD. And I thank him for all he’s done for me to get where I am, and I dedicate my match to 2 of my lost inspirations My cousin who had the same dream I did to become a pro wrestler, he died in a car accident when he just turned 16, and a dear friend who help mature me as a person he was 78 and died of lung failure. Then I look at a picture of my 5 year old daughter and kiss Mackenzie York before hitting the gorilla zone.
10. If you could ask anyone in wrestling one question, what would it be? What do I have to do to take that big step and make it to “The Show”